Suspect of mass stabbing in Canada dies after being arrested

Suspect of mass stabbing in Canada dies after being arrested

Suspect of mass stabbing in Canada dies after being arrested


British police negotiators try to end 25-hour standoff with gunman by handing him McDonald’s breakfast

An armed police siege involving a man wielding a crossbow outside an Airbnb window entered its second day.

The dramatic confrontation has been ongoing for nearly 24 hours after agents swooped down on Residence Street in Tamworth, Staffs., At 10:30 am on Tuesday (9/6).

The road was blocked when specialist negotiators tried to persuade the man to leave the property on Cross Street.

Dozens of armed police officers aimed their guns at the address as the policemen negotiated with the suspect.

The man allegedly armed with a crossbow and threatened the terraced house, where he is barricaded inside.

Residents of some 30 properties within the cordon were also unable to reach their homes.

A Staffordshire police spokesman said: “Officers remain at the scene of an ongoing incident at a property on Cross Street in Kettlebrook, Tamworth.

“We were called to the address at 10:30 am yesterday (Tuesday, September 6) following reports of concerns about a man’s well-being.

“The man refused to leave the property and numerous threats were made.

“He has since engaged with specially trained negotiators who remain on the scene.

“No one was reported injured.

“A temporary road closure remains in place and we are working hard to bring the accident to a safe end, for everyone, as soon as possible.

“We would like to thank local residents and businesses for their understanding and patience during this time.”

Residents said the man stayed at the Airbnb property, but has since been told to leave.

He was seen “hanging from a window with a crossbow” and “shouting threats” to the police.

One local, who didn’t want to be named, said, “It’s pretty scary stuff. This guy who was standing there is locked up with a crossbow.

“The agents have been communicating with him but he hasn’t moved at all and I don’t know what is taking so long.

“There must have been about 50 cops on the street yesterday. You can hear them yelling at each other but everything they say hasn’t worked so far.

“I haven’t been able to get to my house for a whole day, spent the night with friends and went back to get my work uniform but I can’t.”

Another resident added: “Let’s just hope it all comes to a safe conclusion. It was really tense and it’s scary that this could happen at your door.

“Knowing that there is a man armed with a deadly weapon is very disturbing. Usually this is a quiet road.

“But now there are SWAT teams with guns, police dogs and officers swarming the place. It was crazy.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.